A safety culture is a commitment that the organisation places a high level of importance on safety values and attitudes throughout the business.
To achieve this culture
There has to be a management commitment and that commitment must be headed- up by the most Senior Directors within the organisation.
It includes employee involvement, backed up by on-going training and learning.
Easy to understand communication between all management and employees.
Compliance with the Company rules and safe systems and procedures.
Safe systems of work
Safe systems of work (SSOW) are structured processes designed to reduce the risk of harm when employees face unavoidable hazards at work.
This is where Owen Construction Consultancy can help, working with your organisation to ensure the Company has (SSOW) in place.
There are four components:
- The benefits for builders are very real.
- Much better employee retention.
- Higher quality of build.
- Less corner cutting by employees.
- Improved health and safety performance.
- Reduced cost associated with accidents and incidents.
- Lower insurance premiums.
- Easier access to finance.