Yes. If there is no planning no fit for purpose risk and method statement and unsafe working practices the quality of the build will normally mirror the on-site health and safety.
How does the Project team ensure good health and safety?
- Appoint the right people and organisations at the right time.
- Ensure there is an expert.
- Co-operate and communicate with the project team.
- Provide Pre-construction information.
How does the Builder ensure good health and safety?
- Providing training and the correct documentation will ensure health and safety compliance.
- Managing health and safety helps builders retain experienced and skilled workers. Commitment from building management provides reassurance to employee’s the management do care for their employees welfare.
- Focusing too much on formal documentation of a health and safety management system will distract from addressing the human elements.
- Know the correct amount of documentation for projects “too much is as bad as too little”.
How do you appoint the right organisation to help manage health and safety?
- Check the organisation has suitably qualified staff.
- Try to find an organisation that have employee’s that have actually worked on the tools or managed construction sites.